TISSNET 2021 Exam will be conducted in the first week of January 2021. Application forms will be made available from the last week of October 2020 through the online mode. Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conducts a national level entrance exam TISSNET for admission of candidates into various PG programs like MA, M. Sc., M.P.H, M.H.A. etc in its campuses established at Mumbai, Hyderabad, Tuljapur, and Guwahati.
TISSNET 2021 Entrance Exam
In this article, candidates will find information related to TISSNET 2021 like Application form, exam dates, eligibility, registration procedure, syllabus, pattern, Admit card, exam pattern, Test cities, admit card, result etc.
TISSNET 2021- A Brief detail
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||National level|
|Conducting Authority||Tata Institute of Social Sciences|
|Course offered||PG Programs|
|Date of examination||1st week of January 2021|
|Offered||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Online (CBT)|
TISSNET 2021- Schedule/ Important Exam Dates
The complete schedule for TISSNET 2021 is given below in the table-
|Online application starts||October 2020|
|Last date for online application||November 2020|
|Date of availability of admit card||December 2020|
|Date of examination||January 2021|
|Declaration of result||January 2021|
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the registration form. Candidates found ineligible at any stage of selection will be rejected.
The general eligibility criterion for TISSNET 2021 is given below-
- Candidates must have a 3 bachelor’s degree or an equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Only those final year candidates are also eligible who have passed in 1st to the 4th semester of a 3 years program and 1st to the 6th semester of a 4 years degree program.
- Only those final year appearing candidates are eligible who will complete their final year requirements by June 2021.
- In case, if a final year candidate is not able to pass the final year then his/her candidature and admission will be automatically canceled.
- For complete information about programs-wise and campus-wise eligibility criteria, candidates must visit the official
TISSNET Entrance Exam- Admission Procedure
The selection process of TISSNET 2021 involves the following process-
- Written Test/National Entrance Test (NET)
TISSNET is the first step in the selection procedure. Candidate will be judged on the basis of their aptitude, logical reasoning skills, quantitative skills, verbal ability, general awareness etc.
- Pre-Interview Test (PIT)/ GD
Candidates shortlisted from NET will be called for Pre-Interview Test.
- Personal Interview (PI)
Candidates who will qualify the second round of PIT will be called for Personal Interview.
Each round has a specific weightage and on the basis of these three selection rounds, final merit list will be prepared.
TISSNET 2021- Weightage
Final merit list will be prepared on the following weightage system-
TISSNET 2021- Application Form /Registration Form
- TISSNET application forms are available on the official website. As no offline application forms are available candidates are required to fill the application form at admissions.tiss.edu before the last week of November 2020.
- Candidates can apply for maximum 3 programs.
- Candidates must fill all the details carefully in the registration form.
- Candidate must upload a recent passport-sized photograph, signature, copy of Challan (if paid through challan), caste and other certificates (if applicable).
- Candidates, those who are from remote areas and do have internet access can write to TISS, Mumbai campus and ask for a printed application form. They must submit the application form before the last date.
|Mode of Payment|
|No. of programs applied for||Credit/Debit card/ Net Banking||Cash (SBI Challan)|
|Gen||SC/ST/OBC (NC)||Gen||SC/ST/OBC (NC)|
|1 program||Rs.1030||Rs.260||Rs.1000+Bank charges||Rs.250+Bank charges|
|2 programs||Rs.2060||Rs.520||Rs.2000+Bank charges||Rs.500+Bank charges|
|3 programs||Rs.3090||Rs.780||Rs.3000+Bank charges||Rs.750+Bank charges|
- Applicants can make the payment of application fee through Debit card/Credit card, DD, Net Banking or through SBI Bank Challan.
- The application fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
TISSNET 2021- Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for TISSNET is as follows-
- TISSNET 2021 is an online (Computer-Based Test) exam.
- The duration of the exam will be 1 hours 40 minutes.
- Questions paper will consist of objective type questions.
- Total 100 questions will be asked.
- Total marks will be 100.
- 1 marks for each correct answer.
- There will not be sectional cutoff.
- There is no provision for negative marking.
|Sections||No. of questions|
TISSNET 2021- Syllabus
TISSNET syllabus consists of questions from the following areas-
Logical Reasoning (LR) Topics-
Number Series, Cubes, Alphabet Series, Logical Connectivity, Statement Conclusion/Assumption/ Arguments, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement, Venn Diagram, Puzzles, Eye for detail etc.
Verbal Ability (VA)-
Antonyms, Odd word out, Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks – Homophones, Right usage of words in Fill in the blanks, Analogies, Idioms – Match the following etc.
Reading Comprehensions (RC)-
Assumption and Supporting Statement, Flaw and Discrepancy, Purpose of the passage, Author’s Point of View, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Strengthen and Weaken, etc.
Profit and Loss, Percentages, Averages, Ratio and Proportion, and Basic Geometry.